Hydrology & Flood risk
Corylus has a plethora of experience in Hydrology. We advise landowners who are at risk of flooding and provide specialist consultancy services to those who are seeking to develop in areas at risk of flooding. Our multi-disciplinary team advises on the statutory requirements relating to flood risk and drainage. This helps ensure these requirements are considered throughout the design process. Enabling full integration into the overall scheme from the outset, allows us to provide a robust and comprehensive service to all of our clients.
Our services include:
- Flood risk/consequence assessments for all sectors of developments
- Design of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) schemes
- Expert witness in water related disputes
- Flood protection and mitigation including property level protection
- River modelling
- Design of hydrological monitoring systems
We advise a number of prestigious developments that lie within areas at risk of flooding and require the highest quality in hydrology solution and designs. Clients choose to work with us repeatedly, appreciating the high quality of our output and collaborative consultancy approach to each project.
With a pragmatic approach to ecology, we work closely with our clients to develop positive strategies and designs that provide excellent biodiversity benefits. We provide ecological expertise on a wide range of projects from small scale residential to large infrastructure projects. Our team have a wealth of experience and we pride ourselves on our efficient and innovative solutions. Our ecologists have experience working on difficult and highly complex projects, including the Lower Thames Crossing. The team also has specialist expertise in large-scale residential developments, as well as quarry restoration schemes.
Our services include:
- Extended phase one habitat survey's
- Protected species surveys; Great Crested Newts, Badgers, Bat Emergence and activity, Barn Owl, Reptile, Otters, Water Voles and bird surveys
- Preliminary ecological appraisals
- Ecological impact assessments
- Ecological clerk of works
- Habitat regulations screening and assessments
- Post-construction ecology reports
- Ongoing monitoring and site maintenance strategies
Our planning team research the specific considerations of your site and its constraints and opportunities.
Corylus is a design-led practice with particular expertise in landscape architecture.
Our design team work collaboratively with our Planners and Landscape Architects to create well-balanced designs.
Corylus has a vast range of experience and success within the energy and renewables sector.
Minerals & Recycling
What sets Corylus apart is our substantial expertise and experience in planning and environmental issues.
We advise and provide specialist consultancy services to those who are seeking to develop in areas at risk of flooding.
Our multi-disciplinary design team work hard to ensure the commercial and operational viability of our urban and leisure designs.
Our team have worked with landowners to develop a number of highly successful leisure developments throughout the UK.
With a pragmatic approach to ecology, we work closely to develop positive strategies and designs that provide excellent biodiversity benefits.